Gas hike, electric bill rising, lowering of Dam water supply, high food prices, school tuition and so on. Let us dissect one by one.
- Gas hike. We could provide better transportation by car pooling and using of bikes for people not far from work like 2km to 4 km. I have a friend who can bike daily to work with more than 10km. New York city is a walkable city and people can walk to their office for two hours. Safety is a big factor and security is short of supply in the Metro here.
- Electric Bills. Try to “unplug”. I am no EarthHour fan but for more than 14 years, my bills minimum at + USD10. Many of us today switched to aircons for cooling therefore do not be surprise about high electric bills. Oh, also include cable/sat TVs. Many homes have TV running yet kids are using wifi gadgets. Waste of power.
- Low Water Supply. Imagine fountains and gardening of lawns during the day. Yes they look pretty but we don’t get any food source them. Water your plants in the evening so it won’t evaporate easily. Dams generate power for this non essentials during the day for exclusives homes.
- High Food prices. This is related to transportation cost. Supply and demand law. Also, everybody is eating too much. Food are being wasted also. Check the garbage and see how we throw food. There is a high demand for new food joints. Many food establishments use power too.
- School Fees. Many new found wealth are enrolling their children to exclusive schools from parents that never experience luxury when they were kids. I have no problem with that. Since these school must be cooled and attractive so making the place grass fresh and very green with cold halls is a must during visit hours. Again, eats power.
- Plus, too many malls. This structures eats power. Studies in the 1990s advice for every city one mall is enough but that is not true today. We also have high rise buildings. City design is worst in the Philippines. Try Paris, France where no high rise structures exists.
There is no shortage of power but we misuse the energy on non essentials. Many of us just upgraded a lifestyle most never enjoyed in their youth and are hungry to taste the good easy lifestyle of the rich.
Keep life simple. We might save our planet still from a real energy crisis.
Philippine stamp with Emmanuel “Manny” Pacquio.
The greatest boxing fight in the century will once again be fought with a Philippine brand.
“Trilla in Manila” with boxing legend Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. aka Muhammad Ali back in the 1970s was fought in the Philippines and now the fight everyone is itching to watch, the Pacman versus Mayweather.
Our bet pacman is the underdog and hopefully, he pulls through.
Please support Manny Pacquio.
Draw and writing in a slow phase traffic cruise and yes its another Charlize Theron drawing.
Friday night going home with no seat to rest after a tiring day is not the way to go. But thankfully for the advice of my loving wife to keep it cool than cursing the voyage. We have no control of the congestion nor the driving attitude of other commuters who is also racing to get away and be home, eat dinner with spouse and kids. Keeping stress level out is good to your health.
I am switching from drawing Charlize and writing an epic that I made back in my academic years. Hopefully to finish this novel with no definite date.
Keep your cool and keep practicing your God given talent.